Being better. We take that to heart… not just with regard to producing our products, but also in trying to reduce our carbon footprint.
Many of the decisions we make at our state-of-the-art factory help us do two things: create a higher-quality product, and help us reduce our impact on the environment. We believe both of these are extremely important. Here is a list of the ways we achieve these goals.
In our state-of-the-art factory we…
- Have a special cloth system that collects copper dust to maintain cleanliness as well as utilize our special copper recycling program.
- Utilize a factory-wide camera system that allows us to review processes and helps maintain accuracy.
- Created a custom guiding system to eliminate unnecessary twists in the wire-making process.
- Installed a custom air conditioning unit to maintain a consistent, comfortable temperature for our employees to work in.
- Use the heat from our machines and water chillers to keep the factory warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Maintain our high quality with a testing facility that goes above and beyond industry standards.
- All of our floors are a high-grade epoxy used on submarines, naval ships, etc., to brighten floors, prevent us from needing steel plating, and provide a cleaner work environment for our employees.
- All of our lighting is motion-sensored, so lights shut off after 15 minutes of no motion to save electricity.
- Direct Wire & Cable’s Flex-A-Prene® cable was the first in the industry to meet SAE approval J1127, ensuring the proper amount of copper in the cable. (Click here)